whore
I.

Need.

ATTENTION.
PS. If you can, try your hand at giving some of the others a bit of feedback. If you already have, thanks, can you do some more?
Aish,

When I read your poem I couldn't stop the tears from falling: It was like someone was telling my life story! Your work is touching lives . . . don't you ever stop- you hear me!? Wink
heeb Hysterical
PS. If you can, try your hand at giving some of the others a bit of feedback. If you already have, thanks, can you do some more?
now that is serious HystericalHystericalHystericalHysterical

Great title! I think Mark said it best: Your work touches lives.
The secret of poetry is cruelty.--Jon Anderson
Big Grin I think Todd said it best, 'I think Mark said it best' :p

What is heeb? Huh
(12-02-2011, 06:31 PM)Aish Wrote:  
I.

Need.

ATTENTION.

brilliant poem there Aish HystericalHystericalHystericalHystericalHysterical

I'm going to be serious.

Not sure if this write qualifies as a poem, even with the huge depth, height and width of definition, BUT it is very profound.
Aish:

you talking about me, bitch? Big Grin

And oh yes, it's most certainly a poem. Poetry is using the fewest words possible to perfectly describe a subject, and I'd have to say there's not much elaborating that needs to be done here!
It could be worse
(12-02-2011, 06:31 PM)Aish Wrote:  
I.

Need.

ATTENTION.
i wish i were younger Hysterical
joking aside.

for the size of it, it speaks volumes and can be taken on many levels, depending on who the reader is.
someone with a happy disposition will read it differently from someone whose bi polar or depressive. a housewife will read it differently than a young 21 yr old single guy or girl.

good use use of the minimum i'm undecided about the periods hehe. (that was a joke as well)

This strikes me as more conceptual art than poetry, but it's interesting. JMHO of course.
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges." - Gene Wolfe
I look at stuff like JMHO - and usually ignore it, 'cos I haven't the slightest idea what it means....but now out of the blue 'Just my humble opinion' came to me....have I guessed correctly?
(12-11-2011, 05:25 PM)grannyjill Wrote:  I look at stuff like JMHO - and usually ignore it, 'cos I haven't the slightest idea what it means....but now out of the blue 'Just my humble opinion' came to me....have I guessed correctly?
Yep Smile
It could be worse
Right down to the last word, grannyjillSmile
"We believe that we invent symbols. The truth is that they invent us; we are their creatures, shaped by their hard, defining edges." - Gene Wolfe
Damn. I always thought it was 'honest' . . . Huh
I'm so excited I've found another one...and I spent time trying to decipher it....Billy 'stfu'
...shut the fuck up...yes?

Sorry Aish - for
Not.
Paying.
You.
Attention.
This is kind of like bathroom stall poetry.

Whore

You get whatcha pay for!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADHD

I need attention!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothes Whore

Give me credit!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poetry is like gold. The percentage of actual gold in an amalgam has to be pretty low before it quits being gold.

Dale
How long after picking up the brush, the first masterpiece?

The goal is not to obfuscate that which is clear, but make clear that which isn't.
No toilet I've ever been in has anything interesting to say on its walls.

The height of the creativity has been 'I woz here' signed Daz or somesuch, I almost forgot the ubiquitous 'If you want sex text 078568934'....I hope I haven't created a real number!
(12-11-2011, 02:40 PM)Heslopian Wrote:  This strikes me as more conceptual art than poetry, but it's interesting. JMHO of course.
a serious question;
isn't it that poetry sometimes needs to be conceptual art?
doing different tricks, i do agree that it could be conceptual art but i as a reader can see so much depth in such a few words.
what i sometimes wonder is this, if such a poem were just written on a piece of paper and left on a cafe table, would the person who found it and read it think..."this is poetry" sometimes i think this type of poetry has to have the context of a poetic boundary such as a book or forum around it to work properly. here it works jmo

yes granny thats what stfu means,
there's also gtfo
gtfo - not sure of this one...perhaps the 'f' is the same, and 'o' is off. Yes? But 't' could be 'to' or 'the'and 'g' could be anything (got/going/gagging/get...get.Is that it? I wouldn't have been much use at Bletchley Park would I?

I'm not playing dumb, here, I am dumb!